Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Loss of a Friend...


I first met Miche' at MOPS. She was one of the leaders of our MOPS group and was also very involved with MOPS as a regional leader. Miche' was always together. Do you know those types? Their kids are always dressed nice and clean, they are always "put together" and look nice? They are always together enough to be able to serve others at the drop of a hat? That was Miche'. She loved her family and friends and most of all her Savior and it showed. When I was in the hospital with Emily Joy she came to visit me. Always encouraging and up lifting. She was one of those that wouldn't just ask "how are you?" but would say "how are you really?" she wanted to make herself available to those in need. She would bring a meal or give you a call even though I'm sure she had many other things to do.
I was listening to a message today from Vision Forum on Hospitality. It made me think of Miche'. The message was a challenge to me in my walk. The speaker spoke about how hospitality is an opportunity to serve others. It's not about showing off your talents of cooking or your clean and perfect home. It's about fellowship and allowing others to see Christ Love through us. It's about showing our children how to love and serve others by helping clean or prepare a meal. I have always loved having people over for dinner but I'm not sure I have been doing it with the right spirit. I'm going to be working on this so don't be surprised if you get a call from me inviting you over for dinner so I can practice! :)
I have learned that we need to reach out beyond out close group of friends. Reach out to those who might not otherwise get a dinner invitation. Making our home a living testimony of God's grace and love and lifting up our husbands in the process. Making him proud of his wife, children and home. Allowing him to be free in invite others over and supporting his vision for ministry within the home. What a powerful tool our home can be if we become keepers of it as God has commanded.
Miche' made her life about serving others. She was called to meet her savior on May, 25th 2009. A wife, a mother, a friend and a servant to the King. She did it with excellence. She will be missed by many.
I don't want to waste another day of my life focused on myself. I want to be a doormat or a butler. You must listen to this message from Sundays sermon (6/7/09). Then the doormat and butler statement might make more sense to you. I'll try to keep you updated on how I am doing in the area. The bottom line is... are you treating others the way that Christ would treat them?? I know I have a long way to go in this area.
A work in progress....
Jamie

No comments: