Thursday, December 11, 2008

CHRISTmas Fun....


We had some friends over today to finish up our Christmas Lapbooks and to also make these cute Christmas Ornaments. Click here for the link on how to make these.
I'll post some pictures of the lapbooks later.
Well, I am ready for Christmas. Everything is wrapped and ready to go. This is the first time I have ever been done this early and it's great.
So now I'm looking forward to getting to enjoy this time with my family.
A couple of nights ago, we decided to go for a ride and look at some Christmas lights. There is one neighborhood that has a lit house that is amazing! So we stopped and got out. We were walking around looking at the lights when we heard sirens!! That's right.. Santa on a firetruck. Now we are not a family that does "Santa" but our kids of course know who he is because of the world we live in. Anyway, it's was really neat to stand there watching my kids wave at Santa and all of the sudden I got very emotional (no I am not pregnant). I can remember as a child running out to the end of the driveway to see Santa on the firetruck. He would toss us a candy cane and say "Merry Christmas" in that big joyful voice. All of the memories just came flooding back. As I stood there with my wonderful husband and 3 sweet children, I just loved being me. I love my life, my family, and my Savior for all He has done for me. I'm SO thankful for all of the wonderful blessings I have in my life and I hope that I never take then for granted. One day, the kids will be grown and Neil and I will sit and wonderful how it all went by so quickly. I don't want to rush through any of this.. not the potty training.. the school work.. the diapers.. the boo boos .. the hugs and kisses... the bed night stories with Daddy.. none of it.. I want to learn to treasure each moment and find joy in everything that I do. I don't want to get too focused on if my tree is pagan or if I shouldn't have let my kids wave at Santa.. and the list goes on. I'm not perfect, and anyone who knows me could vouch for that. I realize I can't do it all. I can't have the perfect house, the perfect meal, the perfect children etc. but I can have peace in what God has given me and do the best I can to make my house a warm, inviting home that my husband can't wait to get home to and my children want to emulate when they are grown and have their own homes. I want it to be a place of worship and warm fellowship with those I love... So now ... I take a deep breath and just relax and enjoy :)
Merry CHRISTmas!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Jamie! What a wonderful post! I feel the same way and I wish I had all of my things done already so I could relax, too ;) I tend to procrastinate ...

I would love to see those lapbooks. They are still intimidating me!

The picture of the kids is wonderful, too! Is that going out with your Christmas cards?