Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Chapman Family


I just finished watching the Chapman Family on Larry King (http://www.youtube.com/) or http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/ My heart goes out to this family after the tragic death of their daughter Maria. The interview was well done and they did a wonderful job explaining their feelings. One thing that Steven said that really stuck with me was about if the accident could have been prevented. There was some discussion about the size of the SUV etc. He said that if you start going down that road then you start saying that the car is sovereign. In a nutshell I think he was saying God IS Sovereign! He is in control and in that we can have peace. So no matter what we are dealing with if GOD is Sovereign then we need not worry about it. Amen!
(I added Steven's Song Cinderella to my playlist.. just listen to the words of this song! It makes me want to cherish every moment I have with my children!)

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

How often we forget, in the heat of a trial, that GOD IS SOVEREIGN! Isn't it wonderful that we can cast our burden on the Lord? What a wonderful testimony this family is sharing with the world. My prayers are with them.